Synopsis: In the small Midwestern town of Dewers, amidst the turmoil of the 1960s, the casual conversations of five men lead to public sex in the courthouse restroom. Their arrest for public indecency takes the town on a journey through good and evil that will alter it, as well as the five men and their families. Through it all the town confirms its perseverance of community and ability to survive.
Giveaway for a copy right now!!!!! at
Frieda and Clara May
on their home town, Dewers:
What you need to know about Dewers is that it doesn’t try to be any more than what it is: a conservative, God-fearing farming community. You’ll find straight roads, Victorian-style farmhouses with steep roofs, corncribs, fenced-in pastures, cattle, silos, red barns, and laundry hanging on clotheslines. In spring farmers are in the fields, and the smell of fresh dirt permeates the breezes. By early summer the land is green with corn, oats, wheat, soybeans, and clover. In late summer and fall, it's amazing how the land is transformed to shades of gold. We understand the meaning of a bountiful harvest.
1. What is your name and where can you be found? Website, Facebook, Twitter:
Timmothy J Holt www.timmholt.com @Timmothyholt Facebook Timm Holt
2. Other than writing, what is your favorite hobby or thing you do for fun?
Mardi Gras and costuming
3. How long have you been writing? How many books have you written – including those unpublished?
If I include my medical writing it’s been 30 years. I’ve written 3 books and contributed to 3 others
4. What genres do you like to write about? Do you also read those same genres?
I write cozy mysteries. I like to read cozy mysteries and historical fiction.
5. Why did you write your book? Is it inspired by true events?
My recent book Square Affair was inspired by true events
6. How did you begin your project? Did you write outlines and character profiles, jump right in or focus on one section at a time?
I write scene and character profiles. I have a rough outline of where I want to go. However, the story often has a life of its own
7. Where do you like to write? Do you have a “ritual” you do before writing?
I write in my office and there is no ritual.
8. What is your next project?
I just finished 2 additional novels featuring Clara May and Frieda and will soon start a third dealing with a missing child.
9. Who do you ask first to look over your writing?
I have 2 critique groups
10. What is your favorite beverage and food to eat while writing?
Diet Coke, Coffee, and nuts
About the Author: Timmothy J. Holt, M.D. is a retired geriatric physician and lives with his partner and their cat and dog in Chicago, IL. He is the award-winning author of numerous creative works including the new book, Square Affair. He lives with his partner, their cat and dog in Chicago, IL.
2015 Rainbow Awards Winner
Learn more about Holt at www.timmholt.com and connect with him onFacebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Goodreads.